Monday 20 February 2012

Veggy Burgers with a Difference

A few days ago I posted a recipe for River Cobbler on Cheesy Mash in Mushroom and pepper Sauce. Well the next day I was rummaging in the fridge to find something for lunch and I came across the leftover cheesy mash and sauce.

 I thought well I can’t let this go to waste so what can I do with it, then I thought well why not fry it.

 So this is what I did: -

 Mix the mash and the sauce together.

Flour a board with plain flour.

Make burger shapes about 5 or 6 centimetres in diameter and 1 centimetre thick.

Put a frying pan with a little olive oil on a high heat.

When the oil is hot put the burgers in and sizzle them for a few minutes each side to form a crust, turn it down and leave them for 5 minutes to heat through.

 They were gorgeous, I had them on their own but you could have them with almost anything, great for vegetarians.

 So if you wanted to make them just follow the original recipe (click on the recipi on the right) and leave out the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment