Wednesday 14 August 2013

How to make Korma Curry Paste

Korma Paste ~ Simple Food


Korma Curry Paste

I was never satisfied with any curry that I made, although the people who I made them for were always full of compliments. The reason I think was that I had certain expectations for my curry's and for me, they didn't live up to them.
So I changed my technique, I decided to perfect a curry paste for each kind of curry that I produced and keep them in the freezer. That way when I decided to make a curry I could concentrate on the stock and the meat or vegetables and then add the paste.

It worked for me, so I am going to start posting more recipes for curry paste, so keep a look out for your favorite.

For 100 Gm you will need;
 2 teaspoon - Almonds (ground)
2 desert spoon - Desiccated coconut
½ teaspoon - Cumin Seeds
1 teaspoon - Coriander Seeds
Korma Paste ~ Simple Food

1 teaspoon - Ground Coriander
3 cloves - Garlic
1 thumb sized piece - Fresh Ginger
½ teaspoon - Garam Masala
¼ teaspoon – Rock Salt
25 Ml - Ground Nut Oil
3 - Green Chillies
1 teaspoon – Turmeric
50 Ml – Coconut Milk

Start by dry frying the cumin and coriander seeds for about 2 - 3 minutes. 

Korma Paste ~ Simple Food

Allow them to cool and the put them in a blender along with all the other ingredients.

Korma Paste ~ Simple Food

Blend to a paste and transfer to a ramekin. You can make your curry straight away, put the paste in the fridge or freeze it.
Korma Paste ~ Simple Food

Use the paste to make this wonderful Chicken Korma 



No comments:

Post a Comment