Wednesday 15 February 2012

Savoury Rice with Mini Sweet Peppers and Mushrooms

This dish is open to a wide variety of ingredients, but for my dinner tonight I have chosen some sweet mini peppers that I found in the supermarket today, and some mushrooms.

 As you have probably noticed from my other posts I tend not to mention exact quantities, that’s because I think you should feel your way through a recipe and taste as you go.

 So here we go: - Chop 4 or 5 of the peppers quite finely, removing the stalk and seeds first of course, and some mushrooms the same. Heat about a tablespoon or so of extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add the peppers and mushrooms, add quite a liberal amount of sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and about a ¼ of a teaspoon of fennel seeds, give it a good stir and cook until they soften (about 4 – 5 minutes).

 Add a cup of long grain rice followed by a cup of vegetable stock, I use cabbage water because I think it’s the tastiest stock you can get, bring to the boil and then add a vegetable stock cube just for good measure. Turn it down to the lowest heat and simmer for 10 minutes.

 If after 10 minutes it’s still a bit wet give it a blast while stirring to reduce it down to a consistency of your liking, and your done.


 There are endless things you can accompany this with so tonight I’m having chicken.

Dont forget, if you need photos for you blog or site then visit http://www.theartisttonyrose.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment