Wednesday 8 February 2012

Perfect Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs ~ Simple Food


Perfect Scrambled Eggs
My favorite egg as long as it's produced correctly, now who am I to say whether it’s done correctly you may say. You might say that it’s a matter of personal taste and you would be right, but everything has to have a standard otherwise you wouldn't be able to have a variation of it, for example if you asked for it to be well done the chef may be thinking “compared to what!!?”.

Scrambled Eggs ~ Simple Food


  Loose is how I would describe the correct consistency for scrambled egg, as a breakfast chef I've been asked for it to be cooked in many ways; well done (especially by pregnant ladies), runny, I've even been asked for it to be bouncy but in the main my customers love it the way I make It which is a creamy consistency, not to runny and certainly not bouncy.  

 So here we go: - for each serving break 2 eggs into a saucepan add salt and pepper (I use ground white pepper in scrambled eggs I like black pepper but to me it doesn't look good in this dish the black bits do not go with the colour of the egg) add a knob of butter and about a small milk jug of milk. I always  just dump the lot in the pan for quickness, usually people melt the butter in the pan and whisk the eggs in a bowl but to be honest it makes no difference to the end result so whisk the butter, milk and eggs in the pan. Put the pan over a low heat and stir occasionally until it’s a consistency of your liking.
Scrambled Eggs ~ Simple Food
Scrambled Eggs ~ Simple Food







TIP
Don’t whisk the eggs too much


Scrambled Eggs ~ Simple Food
                                                                                                                                                              
ENJOY       

YouTube
Facebook
Simple Food Shots
                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment