Tuesday 13 January 2015

How to make your own Freeflow Frozen Herbs

Frozen Herbs ~ Simple Food


I use fresh herbs where I can but I also keep a good selection of dried herbs and spices that I can grab at a moment’s notice.

Although the dried variety don’t quite give the flavour of fresh they do a good job if you keep them in air tight jars and you don’t keep them too long.

How many times have you gone out and bought this beautiful thing.

Frozen Herbs ~ Simple Food


Then a couple of days later you went to use it again and found this.

Frozen Herbs ~ Simple Food


I've been experimenting for some time how to keep fresh herbs for longer, I used to freeze them in water in ice cube trays but I've now come up with this very simple method and it definitely works for me.

How to make your own Freeflow Frozen Herbs

Take the fresh herbs that you have left over and chop them finely.

Frozen Herbs ~ Simple Food


Lay them in the bottom of an over sized container, cover and put in the freezer.

Frozen Herbs ~ Simple Food


The next day take them out and give them a good shake.

Frozen Herbs ~ Simple Food
Frozen Herbs ~ Simple Food








Then pour them into a more suitable sized container and keep them in the freezer.

Frozen Herbs ~ Simple Food


Now you can use them straight from the freezer as little or as much as you require, just give the container a good shake first.

Frozen Herbs ~ Simple Food


If you hate waste, you’ll love this.

Frozen Herbs ~ Simple Food

No comments:

Post a Comment